Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Are Those Crickets I Hear?

So i was hashing out ideas for my first blog entry when this came to mind: Just who in the hell am I writing to? I don't even have an audience, yet! So, am I pretty much writing to myself?  Are those crickets I hear?

Of course those were not crickets I heard, because not even the crickets are aware of my blog.

Truth is I just want to write, and to share my thoughts with those unlucky enough to click the link. But what will I write about? What will my blog be about?

Well, to start I am a big sports fan. Most days I sponge up information on sports via Twitter and sports talk radio, arguing with the hosts through the radio as if they were in the room with me (What's that? You think I'm crazy? Corrrrect!). Being from the Coastal Bend of Texas, my main sports interest is the Houston Texans, so that is where I plan to do the most damage, though I'll hit up other sports and national sports topics I'm positive.

Other things to blog about? Well: Fishing; life in general; stupid people and the stupid things they do; your mother; music; beer; food; social issues. Maybe I'll even throw in some big words to trick you into thinking I'm smarts. And hyperbole? I can do that! I do that about a million times a day!

Oh yah, and politics! Everyone loves some social issues and politics discussion. Well, I'm a Libertarian (I think), so maybe you'll see me blog about how it's none of my business (or yours) if Gary marries Bob, Bob + Sally, or even twelve other guys (poor Gary). Or how I'm not bothered if Gary wants to smoke some pot, as long as Gary doesn't care if I get drunk and fall off of a boat six times chasing the sixth cigarette I've immediately dropped upon lighting (that is not hyperbole. As a matter of fact, it may have been seven times). And of course I feel it is important to mention that picking between Obama and Romney is like choosing what caliber deer rifle you'd prefer being shot in the head with at point blank range (30.06 me, please! Let's get this shit over with).

And some day I may even explain why I chose the blog title that I did (You Need to See Things My Way). But for now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the new blog smell, patiently awaiting the arrival of the first crickets.

DZ

No comments:

Post a Comment